Schedule of Groups
The 3 groups below meet at Anahata, 119-120 Edward Street, Brighton, BN2 0JL.
- Tuesdays 7:30-9.30: Open meditation session. This group is not affiliated to any particular Buddhist tradition but is a simple space for meditation and discussion. No meeting 26th December.
- Contact: Jiva 07717718385
- Wednesdays 7.30-9.30: Forest Sangha Group. Drawing inspiration from the Thai Forest Theravadin Buddhist tradition, based in Chithurst Buddhist Monastery and Amaravati Buddhist Monastery. Sessions generally consist of a short opening chant, followed by meditation and discussion. We sometimes have visitors from the monastic community.
- Contact: Corky 07427627563.
- 2nd and 4th Thursday 5.30-7:00: LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender) group. A welcoming space in which to share meditation practice and explore teachings from different traditions. Last meeting of 2017 on 14th December, first meeting of 2016 will be 11th January.
- Contact: Sheila 07789861367
Alternate Saturdays: Awakened Heart Meditation Group
We offer meditation teaching and exploration of how meditation and awareness can manifest in our everyday life. This group explores themes from Lama Shenpen's teaching to the Awakened Heart Sangha, 'Living the Awakened Heart' You can find out more at http://www.hermitageoftheawakenedheart.org/study .
Lama Shenpen is founder of the Awakened Heart Sangha. Following meditation instruction from Trungpa Rinpoche, Karma Thinley Rinpoche, Bokar Rinpoche and Kalu Rinpoche, she took ordination as a nun from HH 16th Karmapa in India, who subsequently asked her to return to the West to teach. Her approach to meditation is based on the essence of the Tibetan Mahamudra and Dzogchen traditions, adapted to be accessible to students in the west. There is more information about Lama Shenpen at http://www.hermitageoftheawakenedheart.org/lama-shenpen
The group is led by Ian Mackenzie (Sherab Dorjay), one of Lama Shenpen's senior students. Please contact Ian on email@example.com to find out more about the group and the themes it explores.
All sessions at Studio iO at 3 Queen's Place, Brighton, BN1 4JY http://studio-io.co.uk/ from 11:15 am to 1:15 pm unless otherwise stated.
Jan 6 (At Sherab's home. Please contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
Feb 3 and 17
Mar 3, 17 and 31
May 12 and 26
Jun 9 and 23
Meditation in Seaford
Michael and Tess Hoey would like to invite you to their regular Monday evenings of meditation at their home in Seaford, and to their once a month full day meditations on Saturdays. The next half day of meditation is 19th March and they only ask that you arrive on time, bring some veggie food to share, and commit to staying the full length. They hope this will be a much-needed space for stillness, meditation and reflection.
If you'd like to go to either the Monday evenings or a Saturday please get in touch with Michael on email@example.com for address and bookings.