Schedule of Groups
The 3 groups below meet at Anahata, 119-120 Edward Street, Brighton, BN2 0JL.
- Tuesdays 7:30-9.30: Open meditation session. This group is not affiliated to any particular Buddhist tradition but is a simple space for meditation and discussion.
- Contact: Jiva 07717718385
- 1st & 3rd Wednesdays 7.30-9.30: Forest Sangha Group. Drawing inspiration from the Thai Forest Theravadin Buddhist tradition, based in Chithurst Buddhist Monastery and Amaravati Buddhist Monastery. Sessions generally consist of a short opening chant, followed by meditation and discussion. We sometimes have visitors from the monastic community.
- Contact: Corky 07427627563.
- 2nd and 4th Thursday 5.30-7:00: LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender) group. A welcoming space in which to share meditation practice and explore teachings from different traditions.
- Contact: Sheila 07789861367
We offer meditation teaching and exploration of how meditation and awareness can manifest in our everyday life. This group explores themes from Lama Shenpen's teaching to the Awakened Heart Sangha, 'Living the Awakened Heart' You can find out more at http://www.hermitageoftheawakenedheart.org/study .
Lama Shenpen is founder of the Awakened Heart Sangha. Following meditation instruction from Trungpa Rinpoche, Karma Thinley Rinpoche, Bokar Rinpoche and Kalu Rinpoche, she took ordination as a nun from HH 16th Karmapa in India, who subsequently asked her to return to the West to teach. Her approach to meditation is based on the essence of the Tibetan Mahamudra and Dzogchen traditions, adapted to be accessible to students in the west. There is more information about Lama Shenpen at http://www.hermitageoftheawakenedheart.org/lama-shenpen
The group is led by Ian Mackenzie (Sherab Dorjay), one of Lama Shenpen's senior students. Please contact Ian on email@example.com to find out more about the group and the themes it explores.
All sessions at Studio iO at 3 Queen's Place, Brighton, BN1 4JY http://studio-io.co.uk/ from 11:15 am to 1:15 pm unless otherwise stated.
Dec 22, 2018
Saturday December 22nd is the day after the Solstice – the return of the light – and also the day of the Full Moon. So instead of meeting at Studio iO as usual, we’d like to invite you to a Full Moon Feast at our house in Brighton. There will be meditation, recitation and entertainment and .. eating. We’ll start from 11:15 as usual but probably won’t end before 2.
If you’d like to come, please contact us on 07712 834840 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide details of where we are and how to get there.
From January, we’ll be back in Studio iO – dates as follows
Jan 5, 19
Feb 2, 16
Mar 2, 16, 30
Apr 13, 27
Jun 8, 22
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Meditation in Seaford
Michael and Tess Hoey would like to invite you to their regular Monday evenings of meditation at their home in Seaford, and to their once a month full day meditations on Saturdays. They only ask that you arrive on time, bring some veggie food to share, and commit to staying the full length. They hope this will be a much-needed space for stillness, meditation and reflection.
If you'd like to go to either the Monday evenings or a Saturday please get in touch with Michael on email@example.com for address, dates and bookings.