Schedule of Groups
All of our groups are now on Zoom; the Wednesday Open Group is returning to Tuesdays from 5th April, and meeting in person once a month in central Brighton, please get in touch for details.
Wherever possible the venues (when we meet again in person) we use are wheelchair accessible, but please contact us before booking for a retreat or attending a group. Please also contact us if you have any other particular needs so that we can discuss ways of meeting them. Chairs are available at all of our venues. We welcome feedback on how we can be more inclusive as this is a core value for us.
Open Meditation Session
- Wednesdays 730-930pm on Zoom. Moving to Tuesdays from 5th April
- In person once a month in central Brighton.
- The format is usually: half an hour guided meditation, short break, half an hour unguided meditation, followed by an introduction to a Dharma theme and some friendly sharing and discussion. The group will be usually led by Jiva or Malcolm. We're open to other suggestions - this is the Open Group so not tied to any tradition.
- Contact: Jiva 07717 718 385 or Malcolm 07891 606 298 for the Zoom link or location details.
LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Queer) Group
- Every Thursday 5.30-7:00 pm. On Zoom.
- A welcoming space in which to share meditation practice and explore teachings from different traditions.
- Contact: Sheila 07 789 861 367 email: lgbtbodhi@gmail
- Please get in touch for the Zoom link
Awakened Heart Meditation Group
Concentrating on short courses in teachings by Lama Shenpen, Saturdays 11-1.
Please email Sherab (Ian) at email@example.com for dates and if you'd like to be added to the group's mailing list.
Opening meditation (10 mins)
Brief checking in
Meditation (usually Formless Meditation) (30 mins)
Dedication and close
Our practice is mostly Formless Meditation as taught by Lama Shenpen Hookham. If you're not familiar with this practice, please come along and we'll arrange a familiarisation session with you.
We offer meditation teaching and exploration of how meditation and awareness can manifest in our everyday life. This group explores themes from Lama Shenpen's teaching to the Awakened Heart Sangha, 'Living the Awakened Heart' You can find out more at: https://ahs.org.uk/
The group is led by Ian Mackenzie (Sherab Dorjay) and Namka Nyima (Sheila Roche) , two of Lama Shenpen's senior students. Please contact Ian on firstname.lastname@example.org or Namka on email@example.com to find out more about the group and the themes it explores.
Looking forward to seeing you there.